This blog post was written by Amir Nejati.
The Covid19 pandemic has changed our lives and the whole world. One of the transformations is how events are conducted: virtual events in place of physical ones. The 54th International Congress of the International Society for Applied Ethology (ISAE 2021) was no exception. We attended ISAE 2021, which took place virtually in Bangalore, India. In the following video, Amir Nejati is explaining more about his poster presentation.
If you are interested, you can download the pdf version of his poster by clicking on the link below.
1. C.D.I.C. Canadian Dairy Information Centre. (2020, 2021-04-26). Dairy barns by type in Canada. https://www.dairyinfo.gc.ca/index_e.php?s1=dff-fcil&s2=farm-ferme&s3=db-el
2. United States Department of Agriculture. Dairy 2014, Dairy cattle management practices in the United States, 2014 [Internet]. 2016. Available from: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/dairy/downloads/dairy14/Dairy14_dr_PartIII.pdf
3. Robbins, J. A., Roberts, C., Weary, D. M., Franks, B., & von Keyserlingk, M. A. G. (2019). Factors influencing public support for dairy tie stall housing in the U.S. PLOS ONE, 14(5), e0216544. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0216544
4. Shepley, E., Lensink, J., & Vasseur, E. (2020). Cow in Motion: A review of the impact of housing systems on movement opportunity of dairy cows and implications on locomotor activity. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 230, 105026. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applanim.2020.105026
5. Popescu, S., Borda, C., Diugan, E. A., Spinu, M., Groza, I. S., & Sandru, C. D. (2013). Dairy cows welfare quality in tie-stall housing system with or without access to exercise. Acta veterinaria Scandinavica, 55(1), 43-43. https://doi.org/10.1186/1751-0147-55-43
6. Gustafson, G. M. (1993). Effects of daily exercise on the health of tied dairy cows. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 17(3), 209-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-5877(93)90030-W
7. Shepley, E., & Vasseur, E. (2021). SHORT COMMUNICATION: The effect of housing tie-stall dairy cows in deep-bedded pens during an eight-week dry period on gait and step activity. Journal of Dairy Science.
8. Flower, F. C., & Weary, D. M. (2006). Effect of Hoof Pathologies on Subjective Assessments of Dairy Cow Gait. Journal of Dairy Science, 89(1), 139-146. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(06)72077-X
9. Shearer, J., Anderson, D., Ayars, W., Belknap, E., Berry, S., Guard, C., Hoblet, K., Hovingh, E., Kirksey, G., Langill, A., Mills, A., Miskimins, D., Osterstock, J., Price, R., Prigel, D., Roussel, A., van Amstel, S., Wallace, R., Wasson, J., Cook, N., Garrett, E. F., Hostetler, D. E., & Schugel, L. (2004). A Record keeping system for capture of lameness and foot-care information in cattle. The Bovine Practitioner, 38(1), 83-92. https://doi.org/10.21423/bovine-vol38no1p83-92
10. Egger-Danner, C., Nielsen, P., Fiedler, A., Müller, K., Fjeldaas, T., Döpfer, D., Daniel, V., Bergsten, C., Cramer, G., Christen, A. M., Stock, K. F., Thomas, G., Holzhauer, M., Steiner, A., Clarke, J., Capion, N., Charfeddine, N., Pryce, E., Oakes, E., Burgstaller, J., Heringstad, B., Ødegård, C., & Kofler, J. (2014). ICAR Claw Health Atlas. ICAR Technical Series(No.18), 45 pp.
11. Alsaaod, M., Syring, C., Luternauer, M., Doherr, M. G., & Steiner, A. (2015). Effect of routine claw trimming on claw temperature in dairy cows measured by infrared thermography. Journal of Dairy Science, 98(4), 2381-2388. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2014-8594